Marketing Communications Strategies and Tactics MGT5057
- Academic Session: 2020-21
- School: Adam Smith Business School
- Credits: 10
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This course aims to understand the role of Integrated Marketing Communications in the marketing process.
10 x 2 hour lectures over 5 weeks.
2 x 2 hours tutorials over 5 weeks.
Requirements of Entry
Please refer to the current postgraduate prospectus at: http://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/
An assignment of 3,000 words
Main Assessment In: December
■ To understand the role of Integrated Marketing Communications in the marketing process
■ To provide an understanding of the processes which underpin communications as integral to the creation of effective marketing activities
■ To analyse and reflect the changes in the world of advertising and promotion, as well as to understand the role of marketing communications in today's business world
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1. To analyse the role of integrated communications in marketing
2. To discuss objectives and budgeting for communications programmes
3. To develop an integrated marketing communications programme
4. To analyse creative and media planning strategies
5. To integrate situational factors and objectives in the marketing communications decision making
6. To discuss effectiveness measurement issues re communications strategies and programmes
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment. Further requirements may include monitored attendance at classes and examinations. All such requirements shall be specified by the Subject concerned, and given to students in writing at the beginning of the course. Normally no grade or credits shall be awarded to a candidate who has not met these requirements.