Foundations of International Corporate Finance ACCFIN5203
- Academic Session: 2023-24
- School: Adam Smith Business School
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: No
This postgraduate course provides students with an understanding of the principal issues involved in Corporate Finance.
10 x 2-hour teaching sessions and 4 x 1 hour tutorials.
International Corporate Finance (ACCFIN5204)
Corporate Finance (ACCFIN5205)
35% Group Assignment, 65% Final Exam
Main Assessment In: December
The overall aim of the course is to give students a critical focus of corporate finance and the functions of the securities market and the optimal investment strategy under rational market conditions. Students will develop critical skills in assessing the relevance of the principles of Finance to real-world situations.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Critically discuss the variable levels of stock market efficiency
2. Explain and critically evaluate methods of investment appraisal
3. Discuss the role of financial managers and identify the major issues that confront them
4. Evaluate different theories of capital structure and dividend policy
5. Apply capital budgeting techniques to corporate investment evaluation
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.