Managing Diversity In Organisations MGT5054
- Academic Session: 2023-24
- School: Adam Smith Business School
- Credits: 10
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 2
- Available to Visiting Students: No
The course outlines the development of EDI (equality, diversity and inclusion), and introduces contemporary research on the topic. It discusses theories as well as policies and practices related to EDI, and how EDI is implemented in the workplace.
The course is normally timetabled to run over three weeks in Semester 2, with 18 contact hours delivered face to face.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Word Length/ Duration
1. To examine relevant research, as well as current policies and practices being adopted by organizations to manage equality, diversity and inclusion.
2. To raise awareness of anti-discrimination legislation and discuss barriers facing minorities in organisations.
3. To examine current strategies and practices related to managing diversity and inclusion in organisations.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Evaluate and apply key theories of managing organisational diversity and inclusion to practice.
2. Demonstrate understanding of how organisational contexts shape diversity management.
3. Critically evaluate the means and outcomes of implementing diversity management practices in organisations.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
The minimum requirement for the award of credits is the submission of at least 75% by weight of the course's summative assessment (including any examinations). Further requirements may include monitored attendance at classes and examinations. All such requirements shall be specified by the Subject concerned, and given to students in writing at the beginning of the course. Normally no grade or credits shall be awarded to a candidate who has not met these requirements.