Education For Professional Practice NURSING5012
- Academic Session: 2023-24
- School: School of Medicine Dentistry and Nursing
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 2
- Available to Visiting Students: No
This course aims to explore educational principles and their application in practice.
This course consists of lectures and seminars in semester 2.
Students will submit a 2,000 word essay (70% of the overall course grade) and a teaching package (30% of overall grade).
This course aims to appraise the contribution of educational theory to educational and enable the student to create, implement and evaluate a teaching package.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
1. Appraise the contribution of adult learning theory (andragogy) to a range of learning methods.
2. Participate reflectively in peer group learning session using a variety of methods.
3. Critically evaluate a range of available clinical and theoretical assessment strategies.
4. Plan, implement, evaluate and critically reflect upon a professionally based learning session in clinical practice.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.