Impact and Influence in Learning and Teaching EDUC5989
- Academic Session: 2020-21
- School: Learning Enhancement and Acad Dev Service
- Credits: 10
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This course will support participants to demonstrate their leadership of learning and teaching in the University of Glasgow. The course will explore concepts of leadership, impact and influence in learning and teaching, and will support staff to consider their professional development towards D3 (Senior Fellow) of the UKPSF. You will be supported to produce evidence of impact and influencing others in their learning and teaching practice, for example, planning and running workshops or mentoring colleagues. There is a significant practice impact involved in this course.
10 contact hours delivered via a mixture of longer seminars and short, 1 hour tutorials.
Plan, undertake and reflect on one event designed to have an impact and/or influence on an aspect of L&T practice in your own context. This could be a CPD event, but could also include planning a mentoring or induction meeting with less experienced staff, or an event designed to coordinate teaching on a particular course.
This course aims to explore the ways in which you can develop your impact and influence to enhance learning and teaching practice in your context. It will provide you with an opportunity to work with your colleagues to develop their practice.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course you should be able to:
1. Analyse ways in which individuals demonstrate leadership, impact and influence in learning and teaching in the higher education context; and
2. Demonstrate leadership and/or impact and influence through mentoring, supporting or developing colleagues.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.