Car parking update
Issued: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 16:03:00 GMT
Many thanks to all members of staff who have submitted an application for a car parking permit.
The total number of applications were:
- Tay House: 59 (number of spaces: 46)
- Garscube: 438 (number of spaces: 458)
- Gilmorehill: 1195 (number of spaces 469)
On this basis, we propose to issue permits as follows:
- Tay House: permits to all applicants who score more than 0 points (41);
- Garscube: permits to all applicants who applied for a permit;
- Gilmorehill: 603 standard permits, 188 occasional permits, 29 permits to Blue Badge holders and 8 motorcycle permits.
We will retain a number of spaces for staff who are moving to Tay House over the coming months.
Appeals will be considered by a panel comprising two members of Senior Management Group (one academic and one support staff member), a member of staff from Human Resources and a student representative.
Colleagues are reminded that holding a permit gives the “right to roam” – it does not guarantee a parking space.
Finally, please note that information on alternative means of transport is available via the University website.
I am grateful to all members of staff for your courtesy and patience as we complete this process.
Chief Operating Officer and University Secretary
Chair, Car Parking Working Group