New invited speakers for LEADS CPD series
Issued: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 12:40:00 GMT
By Dr Scott Ramsay, Good Practice Adviser, LEADS
We are delighted to announce additional sessions for our LEADS CPD programme from an excellent range of invited speakers, including:
- The ‘Routes to Dissemination’ Fair (Tue 22 Jan), where you can meet editors and organisers from a variety of journals and conferences where you might think about publishing any scholarship you’ve undertaken around your teaching, including:
o The Journal of Perspectives in Applied Academic Practice (JPAAP)
o Higher Education Pedagogies
o The Improving University Teaching (IUT) Conference
o The Enhancing Student Learning Through Innovative Scholarship (ESLTIS) Conference
o The International Journal of Doctoral Studies (IJDS)
- Prof Gwen van der Velden (University of Warwick) - 'On Parity of Esteem for Teaching and Research: Prestige, Recognition, Values and Inequality' (Thu 31 Jan)
- Dr Camille Kandiko Howson (King’s College London) - 'Engaging Students in Their Learning: Voice, Partnership and Co-Creation' (Wed 27 Feb)
- Prof Rowena Murray (University of the West of Scotland) - 'Supervising Doctoral Students’ Writing' (Tue 5 Mar)
- Dr Martyn Kingsbury (Imperial College London) - Supervision (Exact title TBC – Wed 12 Jun)
Their breadth and depth of experience makes this series an unparalleled opportunity of hear from, and ask questions of, national leaders in learning and teaching in HE.
Additionally, we have added repeats of popular sessions from our internal presenters, and rescheduled those that needed to be postponed.
Booking is free and is done via the LEADS Events webpage: http://www.glasgow.ac.uk/LEADS/events
A PDF handbook with an overview of the series organised by topic is available at http://www.glasgow.ac.uk/LEADS/goodpractice/CPD
Please note that these sessions delivered by external speakers are open to both staff at the University of Glasgow (including Graduate Teaching Assistants / Demonstrators) and staff at validated institutions. Other sessions in the CPD series are open to University of Glasgow staff (including Graduate Teaching Assistants / Demonstrators) only.
If you have any questions, please contact LEADS-CPD@glasgow.ac.uk