Campus Card Project – Update
The Campus Card Project continues its programme of installation work across the University, as well as beginning to issue students their new Campus Cards. All staff should now have their Campus Cards, including affiliate and honorary staff.
Access Control upgrade work
The programme to replace the University’s largest access control system is well underway, having upgraded nine buildings at Gilmorehill thus far.
- First completed site was the new Maths & Stats Building – the first step in the Western Infirmary campus development
- Completed sites now also include Hetherington Building, Sir Alwyn Williams Building and James Watt North
- Work begins this week in Adam Smith Business School – disruption to staff and students during exam season will be kept to a minimum
Once a building has been upgraded, you will need to use your new Campus Card to gain access to restricted areas – your old ID card will not work. Ensure that you carry both cards with you until the installation work is completed, scheduled for mid-June. Click here for the full list of upgraded buildings and installation schedule.
Campus Card distribution
The Campus Card rollout continues, seeing all staff and students at Gilmorehill, Garscube and Dumfries campuses receiving new ID cards. Your new Campus Card will replace your existing ID card but please carry both with you until the system switchover in June.
- All staff cards have now been issued – if you have yet to receive your card, contact the team at email@example.com
- All continuing students will receive new Campus Cards in the coming weeks – you may receive yours through your school or by post to your term-time address
- For a full list of schools that are distributing student cards internally, see the Campus Card website
- Graduating students will not automatically receive new Campus Cards but will able to have one printed for free from June to allow library and sports access over the summer
Students who have not received their Campus Card by Wednesday 31 May and will require it over the summer break should contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First published: 8 May 2017