Guide to using the Student Printing Portal
You can print a range of products at the Print Unit including dissertations, large format posters and PhD theses. To help the Print Unit better deal with your requests, we ask that you submit your work through Skyline. Skyline is the Print Unit's web-to-print system. It allows users to submit printing and binding requests from anywhere within the University, as long they are connected to the University’s network. Skyline allows the user to configure their print job, and get an accurate cost for printing, all without visiting the Print Unit.
How to use Skyline
- Visit Skyline: https://studentprint.glasgow.ac.uk
- Log in with your student ID & password.
- Start by selecting ‘Upload’ to submit your document(s)
- Preview your file using the magnifying glass
- Order using the shopping basket; Skyline will analyse your file and work out a price.
- Select a product, configure finishing options, number of prints required, and collection.
- You can pay by card or cash on collection.
- You will receive a confirmation email when the job has been successfully uploaded and a further email when the job has been completed.
- Once received, head down to the Print Unit between 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday in the basement of the James Watt South Building to pay, and collect your product.
We have a standard turnaround time of up to one working day from when you place your order and receive email confirmation. Please keep this timescale in mind when ordering.