Guide to using the Student Printing Portal
You can print a range of products at the Print Unit including dissertations, large format posters and PhD theses. To help the Print Unit better deal with your requests, we ask that you submit your work through Skyline. Skyline is the Print Unit's web-to-print system. It allows users to submit printing and binding requests from anywhere within the University, as long they are connected to the University’s network (including mobile devices connected to the Eduroam network). Skyline allows the user to configure their print job, get an accurate cost for printing, place an order and pay, all without visiting the Print Unit.
How to use Skyline
- Visit Skyline: https://studentprint.glasgow.ac.uk
- Log in with your student ID & password.
- Start by selecting ‘Upload’ to submit your document(s)
- Preview your file using the magnifying glass
- Order using the shopping basket; Skyline will analyse your file and work out a price.
- Select a product, configure finishing options, number of prints required, and collection.
- You can pay online using a credit or debit card.
- You will receive a confirmation email when the job has been successfully uploaded and a further email when the job has been completed.
- Once received, head to the Print Unit between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday in the basement of the James Watt South Building to collect your order. Please note that the Print Unit closes for one hour at 12:30pm.
We have a standard turnaround time of up to one working day from when you place your order and receive email confirmation. Please keep this timescale in mind when ordering. If you experience any issues using the portal, it is recommended that you visit the computer lab in Room 554 of the James Watt South Building to log in and upload your order, then you can visit the Print Unit in the basement if you are still encountering problems.