Sports Injuries: Prevention and Rehabilitation MED5349
- Academic Session: 2022-23
- School: School of Cardiovascular and Metabolic
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 2
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This course will provide students from a non-clinical background with knowledge about prevention and rehabilitation of sporting injuries.
The course is made up of lectures and practical classes throughout semester 2.
Requirements of Entry
Oral Presentation 50% (10-15min) (ILO 1)
Poster 50 (ILO's 2 and 3)
To provide the student with an in-depth critical knowledge and practical understanding of:
- the epidemiology of sports injuries
- the aetiology and nature of sports injuries
- the prevention and rehabilitation of sports injuries
To provide the student with the skills and techniques used to
-promote a structured return to sport following injury.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Critically discuss the epidemiology, aetiology and nature of sports injuries
2. Critically evaluate the evidence for techniques in the prevention and rehabilitation of sports injuries
3. Demonstrate such techniques used in the prevention and rehabilitation of sports injuries
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.