Bogadh sa Ghàidhlig - Coimhearsnachd na Gàidhlig (Half course) GAELIC3015
- Academic Session: 2022-23
- School: School of Humanities
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 3 (SCQF level 9)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This course is a Gaelic language immersion course which can be taken as part of a pre Gaelic MA with Immersion Hons programme. This course will develop knowledge of the contemporary Gaelic community and will encourage the development of transferable skills by fostering individual research, presentation and self-reflection initiatives. The course includes opportunities for placement.
1 x 2 hour workshop and 1 x 3 hour placement per week over 12 weeks as scheduled on MyCampus.
Requirements of Entry
Grade C3 or above in either Gaelic 2 Advanced (GAELIC2001) or Gaelic 2 Intermediate (GAELIC2003).
Bogadh sa Ghàidhlig - Èisteachd is Labhairt
Bogadh sa Ghàidhlig - Leughadh is Sgrìobhadh
2 x 7 minute oral presentations on a Gaelic community project/immersion experience (10% each)
1500 word critical essay on language learning experiences (30%)
1500 word reflective essay on a Gaelic community project (30%)
Portolio of 5 digital artefacts focussing on Gaelic community and immersion experiences (4% each)
This course aims to:
• Critically reflect on a range of Gaelic literature
• enable students to write and speak accurately and fluently in Scottish Gaelic
• encourage the development of transferable skills by fostering individual research, presentation and self-
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- communicate effectively, confidently and precisely in written and spoken Gaelic, in a range of registers.
- write a reflective journal in Gaelic community experience.
- write a critical review in Gaelic on subject of their choice.
- present a portfolio of 5 digital artefacts.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.