Cleft and Craniofacial Deformities DENT5076
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Medicine Dentistry and Nursing
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Full Year
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
Building a knowledge base in common craniofacial anomalies, including their pathogenesis, diagnosis and management.
The timetable will include seminars, tutorials, clinical teaching.
Requirements of Entry
One hour written examination: short answer questions 50%
Oral clinical assessment 50%
Acquisition and integration of a knowledge base in common craniofacial anomalies, including their pathogenesis, diagnosis and management.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
On completion of this course the student will be able to demonstrate critical knowledge of the:
1. Aetiology and degree of cleft lip and palate deformity and related conditions.
1. Overall management of the cleft deformity from birth to adult age.
2. Development of the skull and the growth of the face.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.