Dr Mark Aleksanyan
- Lecturer (Accounting and Finance)
Mark joined the University of Glasgow in September 2004, having previously worked as a lecturer in Leeds Metropolitan University Business School. He obtained his first degree in Mathematical Economics in 1997 from Yerevan State Institute of Economy. In 2000 he obtained his postgraduate masters degree (MPhil) in International Finance, and received PhD in Accounting and Finance in 2004, both from the University of Glasgow. Throughout 1996-1999, prior to his academic career, he worked in Armenia, where he held various positions in a financial services firm, the Ministry of Finance and Economy and then the Government of Armenia.
Areas of expertise:
- Equity valuation models
- Empirical accounting
- Financial disclosures
- Financial analyst communication
Co-supervisor: Dr Evangelos Vagenas-Nanos
Topic: M&A and financial advisers
Co-supervisor: Dr Yannis Tsalavoutas
Topic: Risk reporting
- International Financial Analysis (MBA);
- Financial Analysis & Equity Valuation (MSc);
- Financial Statement Analysis (BSc Honours).
- International Corporate Finance (MSc);
- International Capital Markets (MSc).
Research papers and work in progress
- Sell-side analysts' use of valuation models and target price accuracy. with Chi-Hsiou Hung (Glasgow University).
- The use of intellectual capital information by sell-side analysts in company valuation. with Subhash Abhayawansa (Swinburne University of Technology) and John Bahtsevanoglou (Swinburne University of Technology). The paper is available upon request.
- Contextual rationality of analysts' decision making. with Subhash Abhayawansa (Swinburne University of Technology)
- Segment reporting in the UK: Is IFRS 8 really better than IAS 14R or SSAP 25? with Jo Danbolt (Edinburgh University). The paper is available upon request.
- Pricing and value relevance of geographical earnings: empirical evidence from the UK. with Jo Danbolt (Edinburgh University). The paper is available upon request.
Other departmental roles
- Accounting and Finance Postgraduate Taught Programmes Convener.
- Adviser of studies (BAcc).
- Member of the editorial board of Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research
- Member of the editorial board of Review of Business and Economics Studies