Professor Georgios Panos
- Professor of Finance (Accounting and Finance)
telephone: 0141 330 5317
Georgios is working on the intersection between financial and labour economics. He was previously a senior lecturer in economics at the University of Stirling and a lecturer at the University of Essex Business School.
His research has been featured in outlets such as the Journal of Financial Economics, the Journal of Banking and Finance, the Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, inter alia.
He has served as a consultant to the World Bank in multiple occasions and is a principal investigator for the collaborative EU-funded Horizon 2020 project “PROFIT: PROmoting FInancial awareness and sTability”. (Twitter: @PROFIT_platform)
Georgios is a member of the Finance research cluster.
Household finance, financial literacy, labour finance, economics and finance of entrepreneurship, behavioural economics and finance, labour and personnel economics.
- European Commission, Horizon 2020: Project title "PROFIT: Promoting Financial Awareness and Stability"; Scheme: ICT-10-2015 Collective Awareness Platforms; Role: Principal Investigator: €1.6 million (Jan. 2016 - Jan. 2019).
- SIRE Early Career Grant: £6,700 (05/2014)
- Royal Economic Society Special Grant: £3,500 (01/2013)
- SIRE workshop grant: £2,500 (10/2012)
- Carnegie Trust project grant: £600 (06/2012)
- Essex Business School research grant: £1,400 (06/2011)
- International Financial Management (UG, Autumn)
- Responsible Banking and Development Finance (PG, Spring)
Personal website: Dr Georgios Panos