Dr Ornela Dardha
- Research Associate (Computing Science)
telephone: +44 (0)141 330 3754
I am a Postdoctoral Researcher working with Prof. Simon J. Gay in the EPSRC programme grant From Data Types to Session Types: A Basis for Concurrency and Distribution (ABCD). Within the School, I am a member of Formal Analysis, Theory and Algorithms (FATA) research section and an RAs representative and member of the Athena SWAN Self-Assessment Team (SAT).
Previously, I obtained my Ph.D. in computer science in 2014 from the University of Bologna, under the supervision of Prof. Davide Sangiorgi. My Ph.D. thesis Type Systems for Distributed Programs: Components and Sessions was awarded the prize for the Best Italian Ph.D. Thesis in Theoretical Computer Science 2015, by the Italian Chapter of the European Association of Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS). During my Ph.D. I spent one year at the IT University of Copenhagen, hosted by Marco Carbone. I received my B.Sc degree in 2007 and M.Sc degree in 2010 in computer science (both summa cum laude) from Sapienza University of Rome.
You can find more information about me on my personal website.
- Formal mathematical models for communication-based concurrent and distributed systems.
- Verification and reasoning techniques based on: types and type systems, encodings and expresiveness analysis, logic.
- Design and implementation of software tools for communication safety in mainstream programming languages.
- Static analysis for consistency, safety and liveness properties in communication-based concurrent and distributed systems.