Centres and research projects
- Centre for the Study of Perceptual Experience
- Forum for Philosophy and Religion
- The Forum for Quine and the History of Analytic Philosophy
- Value of Suffering Project
- Rethinking the Senses
- Glasgow Emergence Project
- Understanding the Senses: Past and Present
- Sense-Data: Phenomenology and Metaphysics
- The Whole Truth
News and events
26 MayThis expert workshop brings together VR specialists (Soluis) and academics from across the University, to explore how cutting-edge research can influence and inform cutting-edge Virtual Reality development.
26 MayThis workshop will explore the philosophical questions that this technology raises.
16 MayCongratulations to our own Christoph Kelp for being a recipient of the Young Epistemology Prize for 2017. Well done!
07 FebA two-day workshop on the Sense-Data Theory of Perception (27–28 April 2017), organised by the JTF-funded Glasgow Sense-Data Project.
Philosophy at Glasgow is highly rated by students who gave it an overall satisfaction score of 96% in the 2015 NSS (National Student Survey).