Welcome to the University's Postgraduate Research (PGR) Service
This service is for:
Application and admissions enquiries should be directed to the appropriate College Graduate School:
For further information on how to apply for a postgraduate degree at University of Glasgow, please click here.
How can we help you?
We help the staff and students in the University's Graduate Schools with those aspects of postgraduate research policy and administration which have a relevance to more than one School, or which require liaison with outside agencies such as the Research Council. This includes:
- Co-ordinating the selection, allocation and administration of centrally-held scholarship funding
- Co-ordinating the allocation and distribution of Doctoral Training Funding from Research Councils
- Advice and guidance on funder regulations, terms and conditions
- Guidance on administrative processes relating to studentships and scholarships (e.g. use of the RCUK Joint Electronic Submission (Je-S) system)
- Sharing, disseminating and supporting the implementation of good practice in postgraduate research studentship administration and policy
- Clerking and support for the Deans of Graduate Studies Committee (DOGS)