Register with us
Register with us
We welcome enquiries from students with a disability, chronic medical or mental health condition, specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, sensory impairments or access difficulties.
Let us know about your disability or medical condition
We encourage you to disclose your disability or medical condition to ensure that appropriate support is arranged for you. This includes access, examination and study arrangements or additional funding from the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA).
I have an unconditional offer
When you have accepted an unconditional offer:
1. Call us on +44 (0) 141 330 5497 / 5121 to make an appointment for a needs assessment.
2. Download, complete and return the Pre-entry form (docx) as soon as possible to email@example.com or post it to us at: University of Glasgow Disability Service, 65 Southpark Avenue, Glasgow G12 8LE.
3. You can also forward the evidence of your disability or specific learning difficulty (do not send us any evidence/medical information if you have a conditional offer).
I have a conditional offer
For Data Protection reasons do not send sensitive and personal information about your disability to us until you have accepted a place offer at the University.
I am a student from England, Northern Ireland or Wales
1. Apply for your Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) in the Summer prior to the start of your course. You do not need to wait until you know where you will be studying.
A DSA claim can take funding bodies up to 14 weeks to process from start to finish, so start the process as early as you can.
2. Once you know you are coming to Glasgow you can ask the access centre to forward a copy of your needs assessment report to us or you can send it to us yourself: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. As soon as you arrive in Glasgow please call us on + 44 (0) 141 330 5497/5121 to arrange an appointment with a Disability Adviser to discuss any additional support requirements, such as exam arrangements.
I am a student from Scotland
It’s probably best to have your needs assessment done at the University of Glasgow’s Disability Service. However, you must register first as a University of Glasgow student for the forthcoming Academic Year.
Once you’re registered as a student:
1. Scan and email your evidence to: email@example.com
2. Call us on +44 (0) 141 330 5497/5121 to make a needs assessment appointment.
We would like to see you as early as possible – preferably before your course has started.
I am interested in coming to Glasgow
If you have a disability, health condition of specific learning difficulties, we can help you with:
- Access on campus
- Arranging support (see examples)
- Assistive technology
- Exam arrangements
- Financial assistance
- Referrals to other services