Samuel Obadaye

Coming to the University of Glasgow to study has been a well thought-out decision which I am happy that I made; it is a great opportunity for me. The University of Glasgow is one of the topmost universities in the world and United Kingdom with great learning environment and facilities.

I decided to study at the university based on the above reputation and the structure of my programme of study (Geospatial and Mapping Sciences MSc) which is all-encompassing. It has been a worthwhile experience for me in the area of teaching and training I received during the course of the programme. The facilities being used for the programme in the area of instrumentation and software packages are up to date and represent a conducive learning environment. The practical aspect of the programme has really improved my skills tremendously in the area of independent data gathering, processing, critical analysis and results presentation.

The slogan of 'People Make Glasgow' has been my reflection all along during my study. This slogan has truly manifested in the friendliness of the people, their truthfulness, and willingness to help with a smile has made my time in Glasgow a memorable one as an international student. The vibrant nature of Glasgow city and its architectural style make the University and the city a beauty to behold! An exciting environment for academic excellence.

I recommend the University of Glasgow for students who are willing to improve their skills and knowledge in a conducive learning environment with excellent facilities. The staff are supportive and give enough room for independent research and study, providing prompt and excellent feedback on your work.