Mr Neil McDermott
- Resource Development Officer in Music (Music)
I support musical applications of ICT in the School of Culture and Creative Arts and contribute to teaching in both Culture and Creative Arts and the School of Humanities. I also provide technical support to two AHRC funded research projects, Bass Culture in Scottish Musical Traditions, The Musicians' Union: A Social History and the Janey Buchan Political Song Collection.
Office Hours: Thursdays 11am - 12noon
I contribute to teaching and assessment on the following undergraduate courses both within Music in the School of Culture and Creative Arts and HATII in the School of Humanities.
- Digital Media and Information Studies 2B
- Listening and Repertory
- Multimedia Analysis and Design
- Sonic Arts: Interacting with Sound
I provide technical and data management support to researchers in the College of Arts. Current projects include The Musicians’ Union: A Social History, Bass Culture in Scottish Musical Traditions and the Janey Buchan Political Song Collection.
External activities include:
- performance with:-
- music production and technical consultancy for a variety of clients including
- community music work with
More details about my external activities can be found on my personal website.