Postgraduate research students
- Ahmad, Normahfuzah (Media and Cultural Policy)
24-hour News Stations and Multifarious Challenges: Balancing Quality Journalism vs Audience Needs in Contemporary Media Milieu.
- Al Abri, Abdul Nasser Ahmed Abdullah (Media and Cultural Policy)
War reporting and military media management strategies in modern warfare.
- Al-Ali, Wafa Khalfan Rashid Burenqain (Media and Cultural Policy)
Local News Management in the Digital Era
- Asomatos, Christos (History ofArt)
ART IN THE NEW DEMOCRATIC PARADIGM: AUTONOMY, TECHNIQUE, PARTICIPATION
- Bandy, Dorian (Music)
Melodic Embellishment in Mozart
- Barron, Richard (Music)
Setting Scots Poetry
- Bayley, Christopher (Music)
- Beall, Tara (Theatre Studies)
Crossing the Clyde to the Riverside: Developing co-creational strategies for engaging local publics with and within the Riverside Museum - a practice-led approach.
- Beattie, Alison (Music)
MMus - Portfolio of Composition
- Bellinetti, Maria Caterina (History ofArt)
Building a Nation: The Construction of Modern China through CCP's Propaganda Images
- Beshr, Hany (Film & TV Studies)
Foreign policy in British political docudrama filmmaking (1991-2011)
- Bi, Qin (Media and Cultural Policy)
The British Council in China - a Case Study
- Bin Mohamad Affendi, Muhammad Amin (Film & TV Studies)
Nationalism and multiculturalism in Malaysian Cinema
- Birks, Chelsea (Film & TV Studies)
Limit Cinema: Contemporary Art Films, Bataille, and the Ethics of the Beyond Human
- Boden, Zoe (History ofArt)
Opus Anglicanum and the Steeple Aston Cope: Iconography, Liturgy and Transformation in Medieval England, 1200-1400
- Bols, Ingrid (Music)
Programming choices and national culture. The case of French and British symphony orchestras.
- brayard, frederic (Film & TV Studies)
(Un)folding control, performance, real and virtual in French cinema:
- Brennan, Mhairi (Film & TV Studies)
Archiving the Referendum. The BBC television archive and the 2014 Scottish Independence Referendum
- Buddle, Tessa (Theatre Studies)
Utopia on Tour: exploring a contingent dramaturgy of utopia in contemporary touring theatre
- Bull, Andrew (Music)
The Music of the Scottish Church in the 13th and 14th Centuries
- Carey, Richard (Music)
Circling the Square: A practice-based interrogation of the phenomenological language of audiovisual music
- Casado, Rosa (Theatre Studies)
Just a little bit of history repeating: understanding and visioning social space through meetings with places no longer there (working tittle).
- Castle, Kerr (Film & TV Studies)
Comfort TV - theorising the everyday use of TV as an apparatus for therapeutic reward, the restoration of identity, and other affects.
- Chandler, Alex (Film & TV Studies)
Testing the limits of the ?hard man? in film: masculinity and male health behaviour in Scotland?s public health films 1934-2000
- Chavale, Areti (History ofArt)
Artists' Resale Right and the Art Market: Evidence from British Art Auctions
- Che Hassan, Abdul Hadi Bin (Media and Cultural Policy)
The influence of mobile communications and second screen phenomena on Malaysian society.
- Clapperton, Stacey (History ofArt)
The Making of Modern British War Art: Materials and Methods of Artists at the Front 1914-1919
- Cleaver, Jonathan (History ofArt)
Technical innovation and the development of carpet design in the Stoddard Templeton archives.
- Clive, Rachel (Theatre Studies)
Geodiversity and human difference: disability, landscape form and process
- Colta, Alexandra (Film & TV Studies)
Human Rights Film Festivals: Politics, Programmes and Practices
- Costin, Robert (Music)
Bach's Well-tempered Clavier on the organ: reception and changing priorities
- Daniels-Yeomans, Finn (Film & TV Studies)
Beyond Representation: Documenting Traumas of the World Ecology
- Daoudi, Omar (Media and Cultural Policy)
YouTube and the Saudi Youth: exploring the economic, political and cultural context of YouTube in Saudi Arabia.
- Dougan, Andrew (Film & TV Studies)
- Dyson-moss, Gillian Elizabeth (Theatre Studies)
Is there a contemporary feminist uncanny? An investigation into the relationship between object and performer in solo performance art.
- Edwards, Clare (Media and Cultural Policy)
Cultural Policy in Glasgow, 1970-1989
- Esposito, Angela (Media and Cultural Policy)
The rise of cooking television show formats within mixed media environments and the multiplatform era.
- Hill, Katrina (History ofArt)
Complicated Objects: Chinese Imperial Artefacts in Victorian Britain
- Horner, Richard (Film & TV Studies)
The Southern Gothic in Film, Television and Literature
- Hsiao, Chihyin (China and Medieval Art)
Owning China: The Material Life of London Tradesmen 1700-1750
- Hu, Qiao (History ofArt)
Materiality, Visuality, and Spatiality of Incense Culture in Ming Dynasty China
- Hughes, Alicia (History ofArt)
William Hunter: Anatomist to the Artists
- Jarvis, Andrew (Film & TV Studies)
British Cinema, Neoliberalism and the Poetics of Crisis
- Johnson, Nicola Elizabeth (Media and Cultural Policy)
The Scottish Television Broadcasting Landscape: Past, Present and Potential Futures
- Kamleitner, Katharina (Film & TV Studies)
Negotiating Women?s Film Festivals on the Festival Circuit ? Theory and Practice
- Karmy Bolton, Eileen Andrea (Music)
Music and labour in Valpara
- Keenan, Peter (Music)
Towards an understanding of Mozart?s use of tempo markings and proportion: Temporal strategies in the finales of Le nozze di Figaro
- Kielich, Gabrielle (Culture & Creative Arts)
- Kirton, Jon-Luke (Music)
Extended technique and vocalisations: interpreting the changing performance relationships of the classical pianist
- Knotts, Jennifer (Theatre Studies)
Play/writing histories: Navigating the Personal, Public and Institutional stories of theatre space: An Architextural study of the Citizens Theatre.
- Kroener, Oliver (Film & TV Studies)
Engaging Television - The Viewer/Character Relationship in Contemporary Television.
- Kubicka, Hanna Karolina (Film & TV Studies)
The Nature and the Role of the Distance between Reality and Fiction in Film: Representations as Means of Approaching Reality
- Lee, David George (Music)
Work(s) in Progress: The Act of Composition and Early Modern Lutheranism
- Lu, Zhiyong (History ofArt)
Chinese Metal Threads of Famen Temple Silk, Tang Dynasty (618-907) -Research on their history and conservation
- Lyon, Rachel (History ofArt)
'Imitatio as method: reading, writing and the un-becoming of the mystic self'
- MacDonald, Isobel (History ofArt)
Sir William Burrell: the man and the collector
- MANGO, CAROLYN (Film & TV Studies)
Presence of African Women in the Screen Industry. A Case Study of Kenyan Women in the Screen Industry.
- Mann, Bill (Music)
Arrival of Italian opera in London early 18C
- Markey, John (Music)
The use of music in the construction of sectarian identities in west-central Scotland
- Marschall, Anika (Theatre Studies)
Performing Human Rights
- Maxwell, Hailey (History ofArt)
Paris Between the Wars: Radical Art, Community and the Sacred
- McBride, Leah (History ofArt)
Figuring the Atrocious: Trauma Representation in Contemporary Art Practice
- McBurney, Stephen (Film & TV Studies)
Colour Cinema in Scotland, 1896-1916; The Materiality and Cultural Contexts of Colour Film in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness
- McCluskey, Ann (Media and Cultural Policy)
Where Cultural Nationalism Meet Broadcasting Politics: Scottish Arts Programming and the Values of the Public Sphere.
- McGregor, Aaron (Music)
The violin in Scotland from its beginnings to 1750.
- Mckeown, Conor (Film & TV Studies)
Videogame Ecologies: Interaction, Aesthetics, Affect
- McMurray, Shane (History ofArt)
The Art of Union: Representations of Anglo-Scottish Union in Visual Culture, 1660-1760.
- Millwood, Sasha (Music)
The Music of Thea Musgrave: an analysis based on the archival sources
- Muhid, Syamsul Hirdi Bin (Music)
The Malaysian music reality TV stars and stardom: A case of Akademi Fantasia (AF) from 2003 - 2011
- Neilson, Toby (Film & TV Studies)
Ecological Futures: Contemporary Science-Fiction Cinema and The Anthropocene
- Ngai, Kate (Media and Cultural Policy)
No Longer Sidekicks: Female Fans of Superhero Television Shows
- Noel-Johnson, Victoria (History ofArt)
Modern Master or Kitsch Apprentice: De Chirico and his Relationship with the Old Masters
- Noltingk, Jacqueline (Music)
The Scottish Orchestras and new music, 1945-2015
- O'connell, David Charles Joesph (Music)
Orchestration as signification in music of Claude Debussy
- O'Neill, Erica (History ofArt)
Tristan Tzara: Avant-Garde Performance and Exhibition Practice and the Emergence of the Performance/Theatre Dialectic.
- Orleans, Elzbieta (Music)
Apparition: The Adaptation of Archival Image and The Doctrine of Moral Rights in a Post-Digital Aesthetic
- Peng, Yun (Film & TV Studies)
How e-sport associated with players
- Pollick, Johanna (History ofArt)
The motif of the wound as a well in art, literature and devotional practice in late medieval England
- Quercetti, Ferruccio (Music)
The Great Italian Mistake First wave punk in Italy between 1977 and 1980
- Rawlings, Angela Marie (Theatre Studies)
Performing Geochronology in the Anthropocene: Siting Depths and Temporality along the North Atlantic Drift.
- Ren, Baihua (History ofArt)
The Water Mill ? Authentication of Jiehua
- Rozsa, Laszlo (Music)
The Art of Musical Conversation: Behavioural Attitudes in the Performance Practice of Italian Music from c. 1580-1640.
- Samara, Elizabeth (Theatre Studies)
Investigation of the limitations of the structural politics of Resistance and the potential for a Revolutionary politics in British and Irish female-authored playwrighting. The potential of active diff
- Sillitoe, Hugh (Theatre Studies)
A comparative ethnography of contemporary absurdist performance practices amongst theatre practitioners and socio-political activitists.
- Sim, Jiaying (Film & TV Studies)
Decentering Chineseness: Towards Affective Transsensorial Cinemas
- Smith, Sherren (History ofArt)
The significance of the provenance of works of art in mediation of disputes about title, authenticity and value
- Twynholm, Raymond (Music)
Portfolio of Compositions
- Tyler, Matthew (History ofArt)
Aspects of manufacture, trade and history of the blue pigment smalt and the relationship between its use in painting and other branches of the arts
- Vile, Gareth (Theatre Studies)
Comics and Dramaturgy
- Vlcek Schurr, Jennifer (History ofArt)
The Art and Patronage of Abbess Cunegund's Passional: Discovering Traits and Identities
- Voss, Cecilia (History ofArt)
Modelling and Monitoring of Historic Tapestries
- Wetenhall, Tanya (History ofArt)
The Show Must Go On: The Impact of the Second World War on Costume Design in Great Britain, The United States and The Soviet Union
- Whitmore, Lucie (History ofArt)
The Intangible History of Costume and Conflict
- Wilkinson, Tom (Music)
Is J. S. Bach a compositional theorist?
- Wilson, Emmeline (Film & TV Studies)
Children with learning disabilities as digital audiences
- Wilson, Francis Marion Moseley (Theatre Studies)
(Un)Sanitizing Death as Process: Bodies and Boundaries through Performing Taxidermy
- Wilson, Harry (Theatre Studies)
Practising with Barthes: encounters between performance and photography.
- Woodward, Hannah Elizabeth (History ofArt)
The Context and Material Techniques of Royal Portrait Production in Stewart Scotland c.1530-1603
- Zafar, Muhammad Hasan (Theatre Film & TV Studies)
- Ziegler, Molly (Theatre Studies)
Staging Madness: representations of madness on the early modern English stage