Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, NERC Argon Isotope Facility
Telephone: 01355 270194
NERC Argon Isotope Facility, Manager
Personal website: www.darrenmark.co.uk
I am a Research Fellow and hold an open-ended position at SUERC (June 2007-). I currently manage the NERC Argon Isotope Facility, which is funded by competitive bid through the NERC Services & Facilities. The Facility offers access to academic researchers from all UK Universities and Institute Departments to our international-class suite of state-of-the-art mass spectrometers and argon-extraction techniques. Access to the Facility occurs through peer-reviewed application to the NERC Isotope Geoscience Facilities Steering Committee (NIGFSC).
Do not hesitate to contact me regarding access to the Facility or for enquiries about collaborative research.
• High-precision geochronology
• Timing of extraterrestrial fluid-rock interaction and terrestrial impact cratering
• Constraining rates of Quaternary climate evolution and hominin migration
• Super-eruptions (Yellowstone, Snake River Plain) and large igneous provinces
• Evolution of the atmosphere and life on Earth
• Geomagnetism and core processes
• Volcanic hazard assessment