Experiences of Social Security and Prospects for Long Term Settlement in Scotland amongst Migrants from Central Eastern Europe and Former Soviet Union.
This five year ESRC-funded research project is a collaboration between the University of Glasgow and the University of Swansea. Our project prioritises the (often hidden) migrant voice in both its theoretical and empirical approach. It aims to study perspectives and experiences of 'social security' amongst migrants from Central Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union in Scotland. It began in November 2013 and will run for five years.
Principal Investigator (PI)
- Professor Rebecca L Kay, University of Glasgow, Central and East European Studies (CEES)
- Dr Paulina Trevena, University of Glasgow, CEES
- Dr Alexa Szoke, University of Swansea (currently on maternity leave)
- Dr Holly Porteous, University of Swansea
- Claire Needler, University of Swansea
- Bernadette Laffey, University of Glasgow