Glasgow Human Rights Network (GHRN)
The Glasgow Human Rights Network aims to bring together researchers, practitioners, members of civil society organisations and policymakers who address human rights issues.
The University of Glasgow has a wide range of expertise on a variety of human rights issues, and conducts both research and teaching in this area, as do other universities in Scotland. The City of Glasgow, and Scotland more widely, also has many nongovernmental organisations involved in human rights issues. And Scotland constitutes a unique setting within the UK for addressing human rights issues within the context of devolution.
The aims of the network are to:
- To be an internationally recognised network for human rights
- To facilitate interdisciplinary research collaboration
- To support interdisciplinary teaching in human rights, particularly at the postgraduate level
- To support knowledge exchange between practitioners and researchers
- To provide a public forum for lectures, debates, and other activities