Access to our Collections
Over 1.5 million items from our collections are now being moved to state-of-the-art storage, study and research facilities at Kelvin Hall - the Glasgow landmark building transformed by a partnership between the University, city of Glasgow and the National Library of Scotland.
These new facilities allow our collections to come together for the first time in an accessible location for staff, students and the public.
We are currently assessing, packing and moving over 1.5 million objects and specimens to Kelvin Hall and expect this process to be complete by late 2017.
Access to our collections for study, research and teaching is temporarily limited but items will be made available where possible.
If you have any enquiries regarding collections access during this period please contact Malcolm Chapman, Head of Collections Management at The Hunterian.
- Please note that access to The Hunterian collections at Kelvin Hall is by appointment only.
- All enquiries should be sent to The Hunterian Collections Management Team by email at least 20 working days in advance with details of what you require and for what purpose.
- There is a limit to the number of objects/specimens available to researchers on each visit.
- All researchers will be supervised at all times.
- To request access please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our venues on the University of Glasgow campus, which include The Hunterian Museum, Hunterian Art Gallery and The Mackintosh House, remain open as usual.