We provide a wide range of services and student experience is at the heart of what we do.
- Director of Student Services: Christine Lowther
- Deputy Director of Student Services (Student Development): Jane Weir
- To promote and deliver a wellbeing and engagement culture that places students (and other service users) at the centre of what we do.
- To contribute to a world-class student learning experience, to help develop independent, skilled and highly valued graduates who have the confidence to make positive change in society.
Download the Student Services strategy (pdf)
How we embrace the University's values:
- We are dedicated to providing services to students, developing their skills, encouraging and providing access to opportunities to enhance their graduate attributes.
- We have strong links with other University Services, Colleges, Schools, Research Institutes and student bodies and our services are characterised by these partnerships and collaborations.
- We have professionally qualified and experienced staff, who deliver specialist services that are, impartial, have integrity, are relevant, up to date and subject to rigorous external scrutiny of professional standards.
- We deliver effectively through partnership working and building synergies and trust, which are part of our ethos.
- We are committed to the continuous quality improvement of our services.
- We provide accessible services to all students and we work hard to increase access.
- We share our practice and enter into strategic collaborations with partners locally and internationally to increase our impact and enhance the University's reputation.
- We provide open, impartial and realistic information to students so that they can make informed decisions and we can manage their expectations.