Search for specific items
The following searches will help you locate specific items - for example, by searching for a person's name, keyword, title of a work or shelf-mark reference.
If you are unsure of what you are looking for, explore our collections by subject and through our virtual exhibitions. If you are interested in a particular collection, go to the Collections A to Z.
Searching for printed material:
- Incunabula indexes:
- investigate our collection of around 1,000 books printed prior to 1501
Searching for manuscript items and unpublished material:
- Manuscripts search:
- find manuscript items and unpublished material (including notebooks, correspondence, photographs and drawings)
- see the Manuscripts Help page for assistance.
Search the Special Collections webpages:
- Search our site: searches the content of the Special Collections website using google.
See also printed indexes and reference material:
- A number of indexes and guides are available in the Special Collections reading room. These include a partial subject index, and indexes of illustrators, miniatures, maps and views, bindings, ephemera, and book sale catalogues.