Papers of William Cullen (1710-1790), Lecturer in Chemistry and Professor of Medicine at Glasgow University, later successively Professor of Chemistry and Professor of Medicine at Edinburgh University.
- drafts of lectures
- medical notes
- letters to and from Cullen
- papers used by John Thomson (1765-1846) in preparing An account of the life, lectures and writings, of William Cullen (Edinburgh: 1832).
Presented in 1920 by Professor John Millar Thomson (John Thomson's grandson), Emeritus Professor of Chemistry, King’s College, London.
How to find material in the Cullen collection
- For a list of records from this collection, see MS Cullen
- Alternatively, use the manuscripts search to search for relevant material
- 250 years of Chemistry exhibition, featuring a selection of Cullen papers relating to the foundation of the Chemistry Department at the University of Glasgow
- See also the Chemistry Department's Cullen page