Introduction to registration

Students are required to register online before the start of their program using MyCampus – the University’s student information system.

Registration is in 2 parts: Academic and Financial and you must complete both to become a fully registered student of the University.

  • If you are an international student you will also need to attend a Registration Visa check-in event when you arrive to study (you do not need to re-register your visa details at the start of every academic year if you are a continuing student).
  • Academic registration must be completed before you can enrol on courses and classes.

You will be sent full details of how to log in to MyCampus and register in advance of your program start date.

You are required to register every year during your program of study at the University (including whilst studying abroad) and will be sent information each Summer on when you should do this.

Access to registration

You will be given access to register through MyCampus when you are eligible. We will send you an email to confirm this once registration is open.

For new students, this means that your offer status is: UA (Unconditional Accept) or UF (Unconditional Firm), i.e. you have met all the conditions of offer and have formally accepted that offer.

For continuing students this means you have met the requirements for progression to the next year of study. To check whether you have met these requirements you should look at your ‘Academic Standing’ in your Student Center where you will see one of the codes listed in the table below.

Please note: if you have a debt remaining on your account you will not be able to register until this debt is cleared. For debt information see: Debts

Academic Standing ActionDescriptionMeaningAble to progress?
AWPD Awaiting Progression Decision Progression has failed and the Adviser needs to update the record. No
PROG Progress Student has satisfied Program and Plan requirements for their current year and can continue without further intervention. Yes
CONT Continue Student has satisfied the requirements to enable them to continue their program of study (normally only used for PGT students). Yes
PEND Pending Automatically assigned to students on a year-out (Exchange, Work Placement etc.) where the year is part of the student's plan. Yes
RVPL Review - Plan Fail Student has failed to satisfy Plan Requirements for the year and needs to meet with their Adviser to discuss options. No
RVPR Review -  Normal Progression Student has failed to satisfy Normal Requirements for Progress in the current year and needs to meet with their Adviser to discuss options. No
COMM Progress Committee Student has failed to meet minimum progress requirements and will be referred to a Progress Committee. No
GRAD Graduation Student is on the final year of their programme and has satisfied all requirements. A final award result/classification will be recorded. N/A

Step by step registration guide

Step 1: Check Email

Check if you received an “Access to your Student Account” email.

This provides:
  • Details of how to access your student account,
  • Links to support & guidance materials and contacts.
For new students it also includes:
  • Your Glasgow Unique Identifier (GUID),
  • The format of your temporary password.

We issue these emails in advance of your program start date, once you are eligible to register. For more information on eligibility see Access to registration. If you have not received this 2 weeks before your agreed start date, contact, including your full name and date of birth, along with your personal ID if you applied through UCAS or GTTR.

Step 2: Access MyCampus

Login to MyGlasgow at:
Select: MyCampus > MyRegistration

Step 3: Academic Registration

  • Check your degree programme and plan details are correct
  • Contact your adviser if your program or plan details need to be amended (Adviser contact details are shown on your MyCampus Student Centre)
  • Update personal information
  • Upload a digital photograph (passport–style) to be used on your Student ID card

New International Students please note: You can complete financial registration and enrol for classes online, now. However, you are not fully academically registered until you attend a Student Visa Check-in event when you arrive on campus.

Watch the how-to video: Academic registration

Step 4: Financial Registration

Pay your fees or tell us how they are being paid.

  1. If you are paying your own fees:
You can pay online by:
  • Completing a Direct Debit agreement to pay in instalments, or;
  • In full by credit or debit card

Watch the how-to video:

Other accepted methods of payment are:
  • Cheque or bank draft
  • Bank giro or bank transfer

Watch the how-to video: Financial registration - Bank Transfer

Part-time students should note that if they have not yet enrolled in courses a minimum fee will show on their account.

  1. If your fees are being paid for you:

Provide details of an external sponsor or scholarship (including SAAS or SLC) who will pay fees on your behalf. You may be required to upload a digital copy of your sponsor's award letter into MyCampus or to enter your SAAS/SLC reference number. For more information see: External Sponsorship

Watch the how-to video:

Please note: Cash payments are not accepted for tuition fees.

For more information on payment methods see the Student Finance page.

Step 5: Student Visa Check-in (New International Students Only)

If you have a Student Visa you will need to attend a Student Visa Check-in event when you arrive on campus, in order to be fully registered.

For more information see Student Visa Check-in page.

Step 6: Collect ID Card (New Students Only)

Your ID card will be available for collection once you are fully registered. Find out when and where to collect your ID.

The Student ID card grants you access to University facilities such as the library and sports facilities, and will entitle you to student discount in a wide variety of shops, bars, cinemas and online.

You will not be able to collect your ID card until you have completed registration. Student ID collection

Please note: If you have not yet applied for your fee sponsorship, you will not be able to complete the financial registration process.

We would encourage you to apply for funding as soon as possible.

Help & support

Registration and enrolment support:

  • The MyCampus FAQ section on MyGlasgow provides useful information and answers to common questions.
  • A series of video guides has been produced and can be accessed from your MyGlasgow homepage under "Using MyCampus"
  • If you have a specific query you can log a support call at any time.

Further assistance

If you need further assistance or would prefer to speak to someone about any aspect of registration and enrolment, support is available as follows:



The process of becoming a student of the University, providing personal details, confirming the program of study (Academic Program and Plan) and paying fees.


The process of selecting courses and their associated classes to study.

Program and Plan:

Specifies the College, award and area of study the student is pursuing e.g. College of Arts MA (Hons) History.


A self-contained unit of study on a particular topic, with defined level, credit value, aims, intended learning outcomes, mode(s) of delivery, scheme of assessment as well as pre- and/or co-requisites.


Timetabled activities such as lectures, tutorials or workshops which together form the taught course.

Financial Aid

The general term used in MyCampus to refer to financial support, often in the form of a scholarship or bursary, given to a student to help fund the cost of studying or the provision of Research Council Stipends. This also includes support provided through emergency funds such as the Hardship Fund.


MyGlasgow provides direct access to University web services including MyCampus, Webmail, Moodle, Library Account, IT Helpdesk and Sport Online. It will also provide relevant student news, help, support and guidance, and links to university and student web pages. MyGlasgow is part of the University collaboration portal. It includes your MySite which gives you a place to store documents and links, create blogs, wikis, web pages and RSS feeds, and share these with other students and staff.


MyCampus is the University’s student information system that is used throughout the year by students to view class timetables, record absences, check assignments and grades, and check their financial account.

Student data collection notice

Student and leaver surveys

Your contact details may be passed to survey contractors to carry out the National Student Survey (NSS) and surveys of student finances, on behalf of the organisations listed below under Purpose 1. These organisations and their contractors will use your details only for that purpose, and will then delete them.

About six months after you graduate, we will contact you to ask you to fill in the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) ‘Destinations of Leavers from HE’ questionnaire. We will not give your contact details to HESA.

You may also be included in longitudinal surveys of leavers in the years after you graduate. If so, we will pass your contact details to the organisation that has been contracted to carry out that survey. That organisation will use your details only for that purpose, and will then delete them. If you do not want to take part in any of these surveys, please let us know.

The HESA student record

We will send some of the information we hold about you to HESA. HESA collects, and is responsible for, the database in which your HESA student record is stored. HESA uses this information in its own right, for example to publish statistics about students in higher education. HESA may link information from the HESA student record to other related datasets such as UCAS, NSS and Student Loan Company data. All uses of the HESA Student Record must comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.

HESA is a registered charity and operates on a not-for-profit basis. It may charge other organisations to whom it provides services and data.

Sensitive information

If you give us information about your disability status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religion these may be included in the HESA Student Record to assist with monitoring equality of opportunity and eliminating unlawful discrimination in accordance with the Equality Act.

If you are enrolled at a higher education institution in England regulated by the Higher Education Funding Council for England the HESA student record will include details of any financial support you may receive from us to enable research into the provision of fair access to higher education.

Your sensitive information will not be used to make decisions about you. The HESA Student Record is used for four broad purposes:

Purpose 1 - Public functions

Education statistics and data

The HESA Student Record is used by some organisations to help carry out public functions connected with education in the UK. These organisations are data controllers in common of the HESA Student Record under the terms of the Data Protection Act. Such organisations include:

  • Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
  • Welsh Government
  • Scottish Government
  • Department for Employment and Learning, Northern Ireland
  • Higher Education Funding Council for England
  • Higher Education Funding Council for Wales
  • Scottish Further and Higher Education Funding Council
  • Department for Education
  • Research Councils
  • The Data Service (on behalf of the Skills Funding Agency)
  • The National College for Teaching and Leadership
  • The National Health Service
  • Office For Fair Access

and any successor bodies. These organisations may link information from the HESA Student Record with other information they hold. For example the Department for Education and the Department for Business Innovation and Skills link the HESA Student Record to the National Pupil Database and the Individual Learner Record. The Funding Councils link the HESA Student Record to data from the Student Loan Company. Linked data is used for research into education.

Other uses

The HESA Student Record may also be used by some organisations to help carry out public functions that are not connected with education. Such uses may include the following:

  • Measurement of population levels and migration by the Office for National Statistics, National Records of Scotland and the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency
  • Monitoring of public expenditure by the National Audit Office
  • Monitoring of the accuracy of electoral registers by Electoral Registration Officials.

Purpose 2 - Administrative uses

Previous Qualifications

If you are enrolled at an institution in England: We and the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) may compare your data to educational records from previous years to help determine the levels of your current qualifications. This may in turn affect the fees you are required to pay or the availability of a place for you to study with us.

Non-EU domiciled students

If you are a non-EU domiciled student HESA may be requested to provide data about you to the United Kingdom's immigration authorities. These authorities may process your personal data in order to carry out their public functions connected with immigration.

Your HESA record will not be used to make decisions about you other than for those uses outlined under Purpose 2.

Purpose 3 - HESA publications

HESA uses the HESA Student Record to produce statistical publications. These include some National Statistics publications and online management information services. HESA will take precautions to ensure that individuals are not identified from the data which are processed for Purpose 3.

Purpose 4 - Equal opportunity, research, journalism and other processing in which there is a legitimate interest

HESA and the other data controllers listed under Purpose 1 may also supply data to third parties where there is a legitimate interest in doing so. Examples of use for this purpose include:

  • Equal opportunities monitoring
  • Research - This may be academic research, commercial research or other statistical research where this is in the public interest
  • Journalism - Where the relevant publication would be in the public interest e.g. league tables
  • Provision of information to students and prospective students

Users to whom data may be supplied for Purpose 4 include:

  • Higher education sector bodies
  • Higher education providers
  • Academic researchers and students
  • Commercial organisations (e.g. recruitment firms, housing providers, graduate employers)
  • Unions
  • Non-governmental organisations and charities
  • Local, regional and national government bodies
  • Journalists

Data supplied by HESA to third parties is supplied under contracts which require that individuals shall not be identified from the supplied data. A copy of HESA’s current agreement for the supply of data is available at

About the HESA student collection notice

The HESA Student Collection Notice is regularly reviewed. The most up to date version can be found at Minor updates to the Student Collection Notice (including organisation name changes and clarification of previously specified purposes) may be made at any time. Major updates (such as a new purpose or administrative use) will be made no more than once per year.

Your rights

Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have rights of access to the data HESA holds about you. You will have to pay a small fee for this. For further information about the HESA Student Record please see or email