The Radiation Protection Service has been set up to provide information
and guidance on the implementation of Government Legislation and University Policy and to offer advice to all students and staff on safety issues arising from the use of ionising and non-ionising
- Provision of personal dosimetry service for radiation workers
- Hazard assessment and contingency planning
- Guidance on laser safety protocols and practices
- Departmental surveys and source audits
- Repair & testing of portable monitoring instruments
- Collection and disposal of low-level radioactive waste.
The RPS runs an annual course on radiation safety.
Places, initially, are available to all University staff and students.
Please contact Moira Bryden for availability, Moira.Bryden@glasgow.ac.uk