The Radiation Protection Service provides information and guidance on the implementation of Government Legislation and University Policy and advice to all students and staff on safety issues arising from the use of ionising and non-ionising radiation.
- Provision of personal dosimetry service for radiation workers
- Hazard assessment and contingency planning
- Guidance on laser safety protocols and practices
- Guidance on UV and other non-ionising radiations
- Contamination surveys and radioactive source audits
- Repair & testing of portable monitoring instruments
- Collection and disposal of low-level radioactive waste.
The RPS runs an annual course on radiation safety.
Places, initially, are available to all University staff and students.
Please contact Moira Bryden for availability: Moira.Bryden@glasgow.ac.uk