Vision, Mission and Value Proposition
We aspire to be in the upper quartile of High Performance Procurement teams in the private and public sector.
To be an innovative and progressive change agent to deliver effective transformation to maximise opportunity for academic success.
Our roadmap is a strategic 5 year plan divided into 3 phases.
Phase 1 - Creation of the procurement structure.
Phase 2 - Develop skill set.
Phase 3 - Excellent high quality output.
We support the University in achieving its strategic vision by delivering professional procurement solutions to our stakeholders who include management, academics, researchers and students through our 8 core values that are fully embedded in all aspects of our service:-
Effectiveness & Efficiency
● We will create an environment in which the university obtains the best possible value for all non pay expenditure.
● We will commit to deliver our promises, delivering our commits to agreed timescales, realising or exceeding our target benefit.
Brand / Professionalism
● We will continue to build our credibility and enhance our reputation acting with integrity as a professional Procurement Team.
● We will develop our commercial skill set, promoting and enhancing collaborative opportunities as appropriate.
Compliance to EU Rules and Regulations
● We will deliver a best in class professional service with quality output compliant with procurement regulations, policies and ethics.
● We commit to measure, manage and improve key strategic supplier performance to ensure value assurance is delivered as per Tender efficiency.
● We will champion risk management ensuring that we effectively manage, monitor and control all internal and external supply chain risks.
● We will work in collaboration with our key stakeholders both internal and external govt bodies to provide procurement solutions to achieve agreed target aligned with procurement policy.
●We will embed Sustainability in all stages of the Procurement Process to drive sustainable procurement outcomes.
●We will benchmark Sustainability performance against Scot Gov Flexible Framework, PCIPS and CIPS.
Get It Done
● We will deliver commitments on time.
For details on Contracts please click on 'Contracts - Local and HE' on left hand side of this page.
Please note that the approved supplier for Domestic travel (all travel within the UK) and Hotel and Conferencing requirements is Clarity Travel Management. The approved supplier for International travel (all travel outwith the UK) is Selective Travel Management. You can view more information on the University Travel webpage. Please note that travellers are recommended to liaise with their departmental Purchasing Officer as early as possible in the travel booking process, so the Purchasing Officer can obtain the order number to expedite the chosen travel option.