PGCTHE intended learning outcomes
These intended learning outcomes (ILOs) describe what participants should be able to do on successful completion of the PGCTHE:
- demonstrate engagement with and application of appropriate professional and ethical principles relevant to higher education.
- critically assess the applicability of relevant educational theories and research findings to inform their teaching and assessment practices.
- critically reflect on their students' learning experience at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels.
- critically evaluate the environments in which they teach.
- provide a critically reflective account of the integration between their teaching practices and their research, scholarship and/or other professional activities.
- develop approaches to enhancing their learning, teaching and assessment.
- work collaboratively with peers to develop their understanding of teaching-learning environments in higher education.
- critically evaluate their practices as teachers in higher education and identify appropriate opportunities for continuing professional development.