Travel to Garscube Campus
Travel to Garscube Campus
Garscube campus is 4 miles from the main campus and home to
- Garscube Sports Complex
- Wolfson Hall and Kelvin Conference Centre
- the School of Veterinary Medicine in the College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences (MVLS), including:
- the Small Animal Hospital
- the Weipers Centre for Equine Welfare
- the Scottish Centre for Production Animal Health and Food Safety
- the Beatson Institute for Cancer Research
The following research institutes in MVLS also have a significant presence on Garscube campus, in addition to Gilmorehill:
- the Institute of Biodiversity. Animal Health and Comparative Medicine
- the Institute of Cancer Sciences
- the Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation
- the Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology.
Access to the campus
There are two main vehicular accesses to the campus, one from Maryhill Road and one from Switchback Road. There are additional pedestrian and cycling entrances from both roads. The facilities and buildings on the campus can be accessed from both roads, but a 10 minute walk over the Lady Campbell Bridge to the other side of the river Kelvin may be needed.
Getting about on the campus
There are excellent walking and cycling routes on the campus. They are shown on the map of Garscube campus - here.
Public transport to Garscube campus
Scotrail 'Low Level' train from Glasgow Central or Glasgow Queen Street, via Partick to Westerton or Anniesland station. Timetable here.
Walk 10 minutes from Westerton station to the entrance from Switchback Road at Beatson Institute or 20 minutes from Anniesland Station to the entrance from Switchback Road at the Vet School. Walking route information here.
up Switchback Road
The most direct and convenient connection between Gilmorehill and Garscube campus is Glasgow CityBus 15: from and to Milngavie/Anniesland/City Centre – Citybus 15 timetable [pdf]. The buses are every 30 minutes, with a higher frequency during rush hour. They stop at all bus stops in University Avenue and Switchback Road, also at the bus stops close to Tay House and Gartnavel Hospitals. A single ticket is £1.85, a day ticket £3.70. There are also Monday to Friday 10 journey tickets for £15 and 7-day unlimited travel for £18, all available on the bus.
Other options -
- First Bus 6B: morning and evening services only – First Bus 6B Timetable
- FirstBus 4A: To Fulton Street Only – FirstBus 4A Timetable
- Glasgow Citybus 118: part route from and to Gartnavel Hospital - Citybus 118 timetable [pdf]
up Maryhill Road
- First Bus 8/C8 - from Partick and along Byres Road, timetable here
- CityBus 16/17 - timetable here [pdf]
- FirstBus 60/60A – timetable here
Information for car users
On-campus parking is allowed for permit holders. Please see the Central Services webpages for parking regulations and information on permits.
The University's JourneyShare system is open for to all staff and students to register car share offers and requests, and can be found here.