How to apply for a taught degree
Applicants to PGDE programmes should go to Entrance Requirements within the programme page where guidance on how to apply is provided.
Before starting your application we strongly recommend that you consult this site including the Frequently Asked Questions section and the appropriate programme page(s) on the Postgraduate Taught degree programmes A-Z. You should also review any relevant information for prospective postgraduate students on the appropriate Graduate School web pages via the links to the right.
To apply for a postgraduate taught programme, you need to provide:
- Final or current undergraduate degree transcript (and an official translation) - scanned copy in colour of the original document
- Degree certificate (and an official translation) if you have already completed your degree: scanned copy in colour of the original document
- 2 references on headed paper (academic and/or professional - see programme entry requirements)
- Any additional document specifically listed under 'Entry requirements' on the Postgraduate Taught degree programmes A-Z
- copy of your passport (photopage) - non-EU applicants only
If English is not your first language, you will be required to provide a language test before you can start your studies.
You can find more information about making an online application to a postgraduate taught programme in the PGT Online Application Guide.
Entry requirements for each specific programme, both academic and English language requirements (if English is not your first language), are listed on the Postgraduate Taught degree programmes A-Z.
You must either upload the required references to your online application or ask your referees to send the references to the University as we do not contact referees directly. There is two main ways that you can provide references: you can either upload references on headed paper when you are making an application using the Online Application (or through Applicant Self-Service after you have submitted your application) or you can ask your referee to email the reference directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the 'Your References, Transcripts and English Qualifications' section of the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Online Application System and Applicant Self-Service
Please note that there are two steps to the online application:
- Step 1: Register and complete an application and any other subsequent applications. This can be done using the Online Application which can be accessed by clicking 'Apply Now' .
- Step 2: Once you have completed an application then you can access Applicant Self-Service to check the status of your application; upload any additional documents; update your personal details and accept any offers you receive. This can be accessed through the Applicant Self Service page.
Please note you should use your email address and the password you created when you registered with the online application to log-in to the online application form (Step 1) and the username supplied in your acknowledgement email (which you will receive 1-3 working days after completing the online application) and the password you created for the online application to log-in to Applicant Self-Service (Step 2).
If you have any other difficulties logging into either of the above we would suggest that you visit the Application Troubleshooting/FAQs page.
The Recruitment and International Office has introduced deadlines for applications to Postgraduate taught programmes. Find out more: Application deadlines.
Please note that if you are applying as a Study Abroad or Exchange (non-Erasmus) student, see International students: how to apply. If you are applying as an Erasmus study student, see Incoming European exchanges (Erasmus).
If you have a general enquiry about studying for a postgraduate taught degree please contact: PGadmissions@glasgow.ac.uk.