How to apply for a taught degree
Before starting your application we strongly recommend that you consult this site and review any relevant information for prospective postgraduate students on the appropriate Graduate School web pages via the links to the right.
To apply for a postgraduate taught programme, you need to provide:
- Final or current undergraduate degree transcript (and an official translation) - scanned copy in colour of the original document
- Degree certificate (and an official translation): scanned copy in colour of the original document
- 2 references on headed paper (academic and/or professional - see course entry requirements)
- Any additional document specifically listed on the Taught degree programmes A-Z
- copy of your passport (photopage) - non-EU applicants only
If English is not your first language, you will be required to provide a language test before you can start your studies.
You can find more information about making an online application to a postgraduate taught programme in the PGT Online Application Guide.
Online Application System and Applicant Self-Service
Please note that there are two steps to the online application:
- Step 1: Register and complete an application and any other subsequent applications. This can be done using the Online Application which can be accessed by clicking 'Apply Now' .
- Step 2: Once you have completed an application then you can access Applicant Self-Service to check the status of your application; upload any additional documents; update your personal details and accept any offers you receive. This can be accessed through the Applicant Self Service page.
Please note you should use your email address and the password you created when you registered with the online application to log-in to the online application form (Step 1) and the username supplied in your acknowledgement email (which you will receive 1-3 working days after completing the online application) and the password you created for the online application to log-in to Applicant Self-Service (Step 2).
If you have any other difficulties logging into either of the above we would suggest that you refresh your browser by clearing your browsing history and cookies or you can try logging in using a private browsing window (press Ctrl+Shift+P in most browsers to open a private window).
The Recruitment and International Office has introduced deadlines for applications to Postgraduate taught programmes. Find out more: Application deadlines.
Please note that if you are applying as a Study Abroad or Exchange (non-Erasmus) student, see International students: how to apply. If you are applying as an Erasmus study student, see Incoming European exchanges (Erasmus).
If you have a general enquiry about studying for a postgraduate taught degree please contact: PGadmissions@glasgow.ac.uk.