Local Economic Development URBAN5028
- Academic Session: 2013-14
- School: School of Social and Political Sciences
- Credits: 10
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 2
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
This course introduces students to the study of local economic development processes and policies. It identifies the key theories that explain variations in rates of economic growth and competing policy interventions at the disposal of local and regional agencies.
This course will be delivered through two days of teaching plus a half-day tutorial
Requirements of Entry
The course will each be assessed by an essay (2500-3000 words), worth 100% of the final mark.