Comparative Approaches to Warfare and Violent Conflict HIST5088
- Academic Session: 2014-15
- School: School of Humanities
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
This course will provide an overview of approaches to the study of war with particular emphasis on strategic theory and operational art. It will emphasise the linkages between technological change, the evolution of military thought, and the changing threat environment.
Twice weekly 2 hour seminars
Requirements of Entry
Students enrolling on the course must be entrants to Masters at College level.
The summative component comprises one 1,000-word seminar paper (20% of the student's mark) and one 4,000-word essay (80% of the student's mark).