Dissertation (MLitt In War Studies) HIST5039P
- Academic Session: 2014-15
- School: School of Humanities
- Credits: 60
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Full Year
- Available to Visiting Students: No
· To train students in the form, style, apparatus and techniques of a scholarly piece of historical writing.
· To extend knowledge of a particular period chosen by the student, at a depth greater than that achieved in undergraduate study.
· To encourage the independent and original analysis of a complex range of appropriate source materials.
·To prepare students for further graduate study of an advanced kind, to M.Litt. or Ph.D. level, should the student so desire