Revolutionary Scotland: Literature, Culture And Politics 1890-1939 HIST5016
- Academic Session: 2014-15
- School: School of Humanities
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 2
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
This module aims to introduce students in an interdisciplinary way to key themes, traditions and perspectives in Scottish history and cultural production - broadly defined - from the 1890s to 1939. Students will encounter various different approaches to Scotland's artistic and political culture, literature, including poetry and fiction, popular media, including cinema, newspapers and periodicals, technological transformations and the history of ideas.