Postgraduate admissions policy
As a Postgraduate, you are guaranteed an offer of accommodation if:
- You are PGT or PGR new to study at the University of Glasgow and do not require family accommodation;
- Your online accommodation application for the September intake is received by 5pm on 22nd August in the year of entry to University;
- Your online accommodation application for the January 2020 to January 2021 study period is received by 5pm on 22nd August 2020.
- Your online accommodation application for the January intake is received by 5pm on 16th December in the year of entry to University;
- You are studying for the full academic year, commencing in September in year of entry.*
We cannot guarantee accommodation for:
We may be able to offer family accommodation to those students who apply early, on a first come first serve basis if you meet all of the above criteria.
Returners or Later Year students
There may be a limited number of rooms that become available as the allocation process proceeds. These rooms will be allocated on a first come first served basis determined by the date the application was originally submitted.
Note about insurance offers
If you have University of Glasgow as your insurance or clearing choice, you will be able to apply for accommodation once you have firmly accepted an offer of study at the University. If this is after the deadline date, we will offer accommodation to those who apply in date order if we have availability.
*For January to January study periods the available room options will be more limited. Please also note that it may not be possible to remain in the same room for the duration of your stay.