Early Secondary Programme
Are you in S1 – S3 and not started to think about what you want to do, or know what happens at a college or university?
Well if your school takes part, you could benefit from our Early Secondary Programme (ESP). Depending on the school you attend, there could be an in-school session for your year group in every school year from S1 to S3.
By the time you start S4, you will hopefully have a better idea of what you want to do, will have chosen a good mix of subjects and be able to progress onto Senior Phase pre-entry programmes such as Reach, an Access to a Career programme, Top-Up or Summer School.
ESP will help you to discover:
- Who you are and what you like to do
- What is a university and college
- Why continue in education
- Who went to university
- Why go to university and college
- Is university or college for you
- Start your FOCUS Point profile
- Identify your in-school and extra-curricular activities
- Discover what soft-skills are and why they are they important
- Explore “a day in the life of”
- Look at case studies
- Add to your FOCUS Point profile
- What are University subject groupings
- How your school subjects, jobs and careers relate
- What are subject requirements
- How to choose a relevant spread of subjects
- Making your subject choices
- Further develop your FOCUS Point profile