Your first steps to a career in
Start your world-changing journey
Our innovative STEM Pre-University International Summer School allows you to choose from three distinct pathways to prepare you for future University studies in Chemistry, Life Sciences and Medicine.
High School students who complete the one of the three pathways are awarded 10 University credits and will receive an official UoG transcript evidencing their achievement. This will help to support future applications to higher education and employment
What’s more, if you successfully complete the Chemistry, or the Life Sciences, track you may be given a conditional offer to one of the corresponding undergraduate degrees: BSc Chemistry or BSc Life Sciences at the University of Glasgow.
Register your interest for 2023
- Become a member of our world changing university community
- Familiarise yourself with university life
- Study on campus
- Live in the vibrant city of Glasgow
- Explore Scotland
- Meet and engage international students and staff
- Understand STEM pathways and explore potential careers
- Take the next steps in deciding what you would like to do after school and beyond.
- Supervision and support from the International Summer School Team
- Support from University services
- Transport to and from airport on arrival and departure
- Single, en suite study bedrooms
- Bed linen provided and laundered weekly
- Bedrooms and bathrooms cleaned weekly
- Common rooms and social spaces
- Communal study areas
- Shared kitchen
- Laundry facilities on site (coin operated)
- Onsite 24hr reception and security
- Key card access to all internal doors and areas
- Safe guarding policies and controlled visitor rules
- Pizza party on arrival
- Breakfast lunch and dinner will be served on campus in the new James McCune Smith Learning Hub
- Students will also be taken to local supermarkets to purchase personal items and provisions on arrival and during their stay
Dietary requirements can be accommodated with prior consultation with catering staff
Cultural immersion programme and extra circular activities
What is a conditional offer?
A conditional offer means that you will usually need to obtain certain grades in your current studies before an unconditional offer (firm offer) is made. An unconditional offer is made when you have met all the entry requirements for the course.
The benefit of being able to obtain a conditional offer at the end of the Pre-University course, is that it gives you an early offer and a clear indication of what further results you will need to secure an unconditional offer.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com