Your first steps to a career in
Medicine / Veterinary Medicine / Life Sciences
Our unique pre-university International Summer School can offer you direct entry onto a range of our undergraduate degrees
Start your world-changing journey
Our Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences International Summer School programme is unique to the UK by allowing you to choose from three distinct pathways to prepare you for a career as a Doctor, Veterinarian or Scientist.
Our Veterinary Medicine and Life Sciences tracks provide the opportunity to gain a conditional offer to the University of Glasgow upon completion of the summer school.
Applications close on 20 February 2020.
How to apply
Applicants should provide the following, by email, to the International Summer School - firstname.lastname@example.org
1) A letter of motivation -
- Specifying which track (BVMS, Medicine, Life Sciences) they are applying for and why they are interested in this track Please note that student must only apply for one track and that applications are not transferrable.
- What attributes they will bring to the programme
- Why they would like to study at the University of Glasgow
2) A letter of recommendation from a mentor
3) A letter of academic support -
- Outlining that the student is in good academic standing and is expected to meet the entry requirements for the degree track they are wishing to pursue by the time they complete high school
- As this is the equivalent of a transcript, we ask that those writing the letter detail what they are basing their recommendation on, the student’s academic ability and expected grades
- Supplementary evidence of academic achievement should also be included to support this letter