The University farm is accredited as being 'Quality Assured' for milk, beef and lamb production. It carries commercial enterprises and is used extensively for student teaching and veterinary investigation.
The most significant commercial enterprises are:
- 90 cow Holstein dairy unit milking through an 8 x 16 herringbone parlour
- 25 cow Suckler beef unit with calves (mainly Hereford x and Aberdeen Angus x Holstein Friesians)
- Beef cattle in grass-beef rearing systems
- Calf and replacement rearing units
- 500 Scotch Mule ewes and their lambs (Texel x)
- 25 Texel ewes and their lambs