Cochno Farm and Research Centre
The University of Glasgow purchased the estate in 1954 when it consisted of 220 acres, including 42 acres of woodland.
Today Cochno Farm and Research Centre extends to approximately 344ha (850 acres) and this facility plays a key role in the delivery of core teaching and research activities of the School of Veterinary Medicine, and affiliated Research Institutes of the College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences.
The land is predominately south facing aspects and rises from approximately 400ft at the West Lodge Gate to over 1200ft at the northern limits of the estate at Jaw, Cochno and Black Lochs (whose fishing rights belong to the University).
A key field teaching facility for veterinary, veterinary bioscience and life science degree programmes
Facilities for research into animal health, nutrition, animal breeding & reproduction, and epidemiology