Dr Jinhyun Hong
- Senior Lecturer (Urban Studies)
Jinhyun Hong is a Senior Lecturer in Transportation Planning at the University of Glasgow. He received his Ph.D in Urban Design and Planning department at the University of Washington, Seattle, U.S. in 2013. Before coming to Glasgow, he worked as a research assistant and staff at the University of Washington, and was involved in several projects related to travel behaviour including vehicle miles travelled and other non-motorized travel activities such as walking and cycling.
- Interaction among built environment, travel behaviour and air quality
- ICT, transport and places
- Transportation planning
- Built environment, safety and walking
- Quantitative planning method
- Travel survey technique
- Big data and transport
Current research projects
- Urban Big Data Centre, Co-I, Economic & Social Research Council, 2019-2024
- Closed-Loop Data Science for Complex, Computationally- and Data-Intensive Analytics, Co-I, Engineering and Physical Science Research Council, 2018-2022
- Urban Big Data Centre, Co-I, Economic & Social Research Council, 2014-2019
- ICT, Place and Transport, PI, Sustainable Society Network+, 2014
- Active Travel and the Role of Information and Communications Technology: A Survey-Based Study in Glasgow, Co-I, Glasgow City Council and University of Glasgow, 2014-2015
Current Ph.D. students
- Rafael Verduzco (2018-): Valuing job accessibility: The impact of mass transportation network on property prices in Mexico City.
- Tarifiq Syahrial Syabani (2020-): Exploring associations between infrastructure, environmental, policy, socio-economic and law enforcement factors with traffic crashes and fatalities in Indonesia.
- Jinpeng Li (2020-): Research on the evaluation and improvement of China’s third tier cities’ non-motorized traffic system.
Completed Ph.D. students
- Guoqiang Wu (2013-2018): An investigation into the role of information and communication technologies on travel behaviour of working adults and youth.
- Ashwini Venkatasubramaniam (2014-2019): Clustering techniques with big data & urban environment
- Introduction to the Fundamentals of Transport Studies
- Transport Studies
- Transport Planning Methods
- Transport Planning Lab
- Social and Public Policy 1B
- Real Estate Market