Dr Evan Williams
- Research Associate in the Scottish Centre for Administrative Data Research (SCADR) (Urban Studies)
I am currently working on several projects with the Scottish Centre for Administrative Data Research (SCADR). At SCADR I am working within the Work and social security research strand, which examines the interactions between health, social security and employment. This involves analysing de-identified linked administrative data from sources such as the benefits system, the tax system and the health service. My work with SCADR is closely related to my ESRC-funded PhD research, which investigated the mental health impacts of benefit sanctions.
I am primarily a quantitative researcher, with research interests in the areas of:
- Social policy: Universal Credit (UC); conditionality and benefit sanctions; activation and active labour market policies (ALMPs);
- The impacts of welfare reforms;
- The interaction between the social security system and labour markets;
- The social determinants of health and well-being.
PGT in Urban Studies (MSc Public & Urban Policy)
I am co-convenor of the Neighbourhoods, Welfare and Wellbeing (NWW) research group in Urban Studies.
I have gained Associate Fellowship (AF) of the University of Glasgow’s Recognising Excellence in Teaching (RET) scheme. RET is fully aligned with the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF), the nationally-recognised framework for benchmarking success within HE teaching and learning support.