The REPR MSc Programmes have been specifically designed to be at forefront of international academic research and professional thought in real estate, planning and regeneration at the start of the 21st century. Over the coming years, we expect to produce many graduates who in time will make a very significant contribution to both their chosen professions and the development of urban economies and societies worldwide.
To achieve this, the programmes are expressly intended to enable students:
- To attain a firm understanding of cities, markets, institutions and governance, recognising this as an essential foundation to effective action and intervention as a practitioner in real estate, planning and regeneration.
- To acquire initial expertise in particular aspects of real estate, planning and regeneration, as an important foundation for a professional career whether this will be locally, elsewhere in the UK or at the international level.
- To develop the necessary skills and attitudes to work effectively within relevant professions, across spatial and professional boundaries and with non-professionals.
- To appreciate the importance of research, reflection and lifelong learning to successful innovation and career development.
- To be well placed to enter and successfully to complete the Assessment of Professional Competence of the RICS and/or the RTPI, and in due course to progress to positions of significant responsibility and leadership in their chosen careers in local, regional, national or international markets.