All rooms in the Kelvin building may be booked using a Centrally managed system accessible from MyGlasgow. This system allows you to submit your own room booking requests which will then be sent to the School’s Local Space Managers (LSM) for approval. To do this, please follow the steps below:
View Room Availability
- Log-in to MyGlasgow: for students or for staff.
- Click on ‘Timetables and Room Booking’, then click on Timetable Viewer.
- This will direct you to a calendar which gives you oversight of all of the current bookings.
- In the “Search” section you can select the Kelvin Building, and rooms 255/506 to see all of the bookings already confirmed in these rooms.
- Once you have checked the availability of your required time slot, you can submit a booking request.
Submit Room Booking Request
- Select the ‘Booking’ tab and click on ‘Make a Booking Request’.
- In the “In this Location” section, select the Gilmore Campus, Kelvin Building, and then either room 255 or 506, depending on what you require.
- Then in the “Available at this time” section you can fill in the details for the date and time that you require.
- Click search and then on the following page, click select time slot.
- This will open a calendar view of your booking which you can use to double check the time you have selected. Then click Next.
- Add in a description of your event.
- Please note: If you are a member of research group or affiliated with one e.g. IGR, PPE etc., it is very important that you state the name of the research group in the ‘Notes’ box. This is so the request is picked up by the relevant LSM for approval.
- If you are not a member of a research group, you do not need to state anything in the ‘Notes’ box. Your request will be picked up by an LSM who deals with School-related bookings.
- Once you have completed all the fields, click ‘Finish’ to submit your booking request.
Once you have submitted your request, an automated notification will be sent to all of the LSMs. Either the LSM relevant to your research group or the one who deals with School-related bookings will approve or reject the request. All of the room bookings booked on our current internal meeting room system until 31st July have been added to the new GU online system, so if you already have room bookings in place you need not worry about these.
The new system is an add-on to the university’s central room booking system, CMIS, which operates on a yearly dataset covering 1st August to 31st July of each year. This means that on the new system you can only submit requests up until 31st July. After this date, the dataset will refresh and allow you to make bookings up until the end July of the following year.