This page provides information on some of the support and information available on careers, development and promotion provided by the University, as well as what is available locally within the College and our School:
- Contact the Respect Advisors Network to discuss issues informally
- Alternatively, please report harassment in confidence here
Supporting staff and students
The University provides documentation that details best practice if you receive a report of assault, harassment, or bullying from a student or colleague, including gender-based violence.
Broadly, both guidance documents set out three steps which should be followed in the event of a disclosure.
- Listen and be supportive.
- Complete the University online reporting form.
- Provide details of available support. Options for internal and external support are provided in the guidance documents.
If you receive a disclosure from a student or colleague and do not feel comfortable, please contact a First Responder who will be able to act.
If you or someone you know requires urgent support:
- If you are off campus, you should call 999 to reach any of the emergency services.
- If you are on university premises, call Campus Security Team any time on 0141 330 4444.
- The school runs an internal mentoring scheme. All current and new staff are eligible to 'opt-in' to the scheme by completing the online mentor form Mentor scheme. On completion, a mentor will be assigned to you based on your needs.
- Networking opportunities (seminars, coffee mornings)
- Training opportunities: short courses for postgraduates and staff
- Social media
- Early Career Researchers Committee
- Staff spotlight
- Health & Safety for new and expectant mothers
- Wellbeing Strategy and Health & Wellbeing Hub
- Leave (including maternity, paternity and emergency time off to care for dependants)
- Health and Wellbeing (including work life balance)
- Online University Staff Handbook
- Equality & Diversity
- Performance & Development Review (P&DR)
- Promotion, Regrading and Reward
- Staff Development Unit
- Understanding Racism, Transforming University Cultures