RMCSG logo and name

The Royal Medico-Chirurgical Society of Glasgow

The Royal Medico-Chirurgical Society of Glasgow

RMCSG logo The Medico-Chirurgical Society of Glasgow was formed in 1866 as a consequence of the amalgamation of the Glasgow Medical Society (founded in 1814) and the Medico-Chirurgical Society of Glasgow (founded in 1866).  The aims of the society were to "receive communications on medicine, surgery and collateral sciences, and to Minutes of the 23rd session- College Archivepromote professional development."   Many important moments in the history of medicine and surgery have been discussed and demonstrated during society meetings. Of particular note in the minutes is the meeting of 17th April 1868 when Lord Lister described the results of his investigations into the antiseptic treatment of wounds.

 

  

The minutes of the Society's meeting on the 13th March 1866. Courtesy of the Archives of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.

RMCSG Today

RMCSG Today

Today the membership of the  Royal Medico-Chirurgical Society of Glasgow  is open to all grades of medical staff: junior staff members are particularly welcome. The Society meets throughout the year, usually at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow at St Vincent's Str. The society pursues multidisciplinary interests related to medical practice. The meetings are built around talks by invited speakers. There also is a Research Prize Night where presentations by the members of junior medical staff compete for the Society's annual prize.

202nd Session 2015-2016

202nd Session 2015-2016


‌              

 

 

 

 

 


 

Next meeting 


 

 

 

 

 

Thursday 26 May 2016

 

RMCSG

Annual General Meeting

 

 

Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow

232-242 St Vincent Street

Glasgow G2 5RJ

at 7 pm

Buffet from 6 pm

 

 

 

 

 

Research Prize 2016